I’m that sort of busy that’s all kind of fake.
I’ve built up the illusion of busyness, and, it’s so good, I’ve even faked myself out.
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- I remembered that I have a library card. This is not a good thing. When I go to the library, I usually have a list already made. Then, I start browsing. What ends up happening is I check out 10-12 books I can’t possibly live without right that very moment. Even though I know I’m at the library and they will be there for my next visit.
I end up starting this pile a week late and have to scramble to read every book before it’s due. I’ve done this thrice in two months.
- I got into Pottermore. While I’m not sure what this entails, I’m sure it will be exciting. For at least fifteen whole minutes.
- I turned 25. Hurray.
- I started watching X-Files on Netflix. I’m not really interested in the alien parts, but I find the paranormal stuff pretty awesome. I’m a big Fringe fan and definitely see the similarities. Just because I have a special place in my heart for multi-verse theory doesn’t mean I can’t like Mulder and Scully. The history of television owes them thanks.
- I saw a slew of movies, none of which are worth mentioning.
- I broke 50,000 words on my current WIP.
- I received 22 rejection letters in 38 days.
- I have listened to Evanescence’s new single “What You Want” far too many times.
So, that’s it. Oh, yeah, and I have a job and volunteer and nonsense like that. So, you know, maybe I’ll pick one of those things and start blogging again.
What have you been up to?